SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 31 to 45 of 1,100 posts
8/6/17 @ 7:02 PM
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Well, Tall Pines has either sold to new owners or has been taken off the market.  The original listing under Latitude 50 Realty Inc. is no longer posted. 

7/14/17 @ 1:26 PM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02

We were up last week, smallmouth are being caught, perch bite was still very good, casting shorelines for northern was good and walleye fishing was OK.  We still managed walleyes and even a nice 23.5" fish returned to bite another day. The mayfly hatch was in full swing so that slowed things down a bit.  Walleyes should be back in a summer pattern when you are up there and the mayfly hatch should be over.  Bring your normal jig and crawler harness rigs, 1/32 jigs if you want to fish perch.  I would also recommend some shallow 5' to 10' diving crank baits in case the walleyes are suspended and maybe a few slip bobbers. Good luck!

7/14/17 @ 10:57 AM
Jimbo
Jimbo
User since 6/18/01

Ag, here is a couple web sites to check out.

http://wabaskangcamp.com/

and check out Camp News.

And another.

https://tallpinescamp.wordpress.com/

7/14/17 @ 7:35 AM
ag_man6
User since 2/10/08

Leaving on Sunday, any information about Lake Wabaskang would be awesome.  Taking my boys up for a week at Peffley's Camp.  How were the bugs, any hot baits, etc.  Any information would be great!

6/29/17 @ 8:19 AM
Graby54
User since 6/28/17

Looking to book a week long trip July 7th of next year at sleepy dog. How is the fishing this time of year? We have stayed at Tall Pines in the past but are making reservations at sleepy dog for next year. Does anyone have any comments on sleepy dog?

Appreciate the comments,

Steve

6/25/17 @ 11:17 AM
Rancher
User since 2/21/02

You will have a great time, Peffley's Camp is awesome, they have minnows available in camp but do not have crawlers.  We are going up on the 1st and have only fished there one other time in July.  If I Remember correctly we did equally well on crawlers and minnows, 1/8 and 1/4 oz orange, chartreuse and white jigs.  Bring some 1/32 oz jigs if you are interested in perch.  We a have never used leeches on this lake. We also did good pulling bottom bouncers and a crawler harness.  Good luck I will post pictures and specifics when we get back.  Dave is great and will mark up a map for you where the hotspots have been.  

6/25/17 @ 9:53 AM
ag_man6
User since 2/10/08

Heading up to Peffley's Camp from July 17-24.  Wondering what type of bait is working best.  We are going to have minnows and crawlers, but does it pay to also have leeches along.  Any information would be great, this is our first time on this lake, have fished Lac Seul many times over the past 10 years.

6/20/17 @ 6:32 AM
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Sounds like weather at Tall Pines was as bad as week 2 when we were there.  Rain, cold, wind!!!  Sure hope no one was in cabin 2 with no heat and having to plug the holes in the walls, door, and windows. Burrrrrrrr.

6/14/17 @ 9:45 AM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Will be headed to Jim & Julie's 6/23-7/1, can't wait.  We usually go 1st or 2nd week in June. This year work causes us to go later. Last year 2nd week of June was a Huge mayfly hatch. water surface in some bays was carpeted with mayflies. Bass fishing was tough. we still found the eye's tho. Lots of small Northern. Hopefully they've grown up since last year.

Jim & Julie couldn't possibly be more accommodating. We look forward to seeing them each year! The accommodations are always clean and kept up.  Updating and remodeling facilities is always ongoing.

Will post a report when we return.

6/9/17 @ 7:14 AM
Smallmouth1
User since 5/1/05

The place to stay is Sleepy Dog. Great people, great cabins, great boats.

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO photo by Smallmouth1
6/7/17 @ 4:34 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Hey Goosepnd I sent you a message. Sorry to hear your stay wasnt nice.

6/7/17 @ 1:57 PM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Goose - turn on your IM.

Then shoot me a message on what happened.  use to stay at tall pines but has been about 5 years since we were there.  I know the owners have the place for sale. 

6/7/17 @ 6:29 AM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Stayed at Tall Pines for the last time ever.  Family had been going there over 70 years but, service and friendliness to guests has just tanked.  Shoot me a PM for more info if you want.

Fishing was good, but not great.  Caught fish, cold, windy, rain first 3.5 days then got hot.  Walleye were at various depths, 3 ft to 20 ft so hard to target in many locations.  Good sized perch were all over the place.  Caught a 13.5" as biggest, but most averaged 10-11"  Walleye average size was 17".  Lots of Northern but no huge ones that we caught.  Trolling with Cabella's floating worm harness, and some jigging.  Some had good look with minnows we had best luck with worms.  Sorry cant give more info specific stuff, but, still had a good time even though weather was tough.

Good luck up there who ever is going.

6/5/17 @ 9:31 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

i'm also curious, going up to Sleepy Dog in September

6/5/17 @ 11:55 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

What's the reports guys?

Displaying 31 to 45 of 1,100 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE