SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 16 to 30 of 1,100 posts
6/17/19 @ 8:13 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

You and your family will thoroughly enjoy the cabins the views and layout are second to none. Good perch fishing in front of the dock and first narrows. We have talked before but if you seek tips let me know.

Good luck!!

6/14/19 @ 7:06 PM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

I can verify and affirm your status and reviews of Sleepy Dog. Have only been there one year but nothing better.  But, we have run into Sleepy dog customers on the lake in years past and all were outstanding reviews.  Outstanding facilities and such a great couple to be around for the week.  Boats and motors are top notch. As are the cabins. Dont forget your toppings for pizza night on Thursday night.  A great social event that cant be topped anywhere. Have a great week and good luck.  Sounds like fishing has been hot so far, hope it holds up for you

6/3/19 @ 11:20 AM
jsmyers
User since 6/25/10

Bumping this old thread to brag that my family will be at Sleepy Dog Cabins the week of June 22-28. (19 Days!) I can't wait to introduce my wife and kids to fishing in Canada.

But also: Unfortunately, some of our group had to cancel due to a serious illness. We were going to occupy two cabins and will now fit into one. I feel bad about shorting Tom and Margaret some of their revenue and am trying to help in whatever little way I can. I figure there is a small chance somebody reading this will be up for a trip on short notice. If your interested, contact them: http://sleepydogcabins.com/location/contact/

It will be my first time to Sleepy Dog, but there are others who frequent Lake-Link that stay there. Their reputation is impeccable. I can only point you to their reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-s1-g1068919-d6499755-Reviews-Sleepy_Dog_Cabins-Perrault_Falls_Kenora_District_Ontario.html

7/22/18 @ 1:31 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

We stayed at Jim & Julies Wabaskang Camp, www.wabaskangcamp.com, the last week of June returned home July 1st. As usual, Jim & Julie are gracious and outgoing hosts.

Water level was 2ft low due to lack of snowfall over the winter. I've been fishing there for years. This is the lowest water I've seen. I broke my skeg on a previously unseen rock.

Weather had been unseasonably warm prior to our arrival, in mid to upper 80's. There had been a mayfly hatch midweek. Surface water temps ranged in low to mid 70's. In addition to the low water, finding walleyes was difficult. Hammer handle Northerns were abundant and became annoying. Small Mouth had to be worked for.

They were scattered at best. No pattern. We found them trolling crawlers and minnows through weeds in 6 1/2 to 9 ft. Some hit on crank baits being cast over deep weeds or rocks. Some on jig & minnow/crawler when fishing for perch.

One of our group decided to target perch. He was successful in bringing his 25 fish bag limit home. We sorted through the perch also and kept a few 11-12inchers.

In summary, we had a great time shared with friends. The only fish jumping into the boat were the snot rocket Northerns, everything else we worked for. We'll be back next year, same time, same place.

7/18/18 @ 6:56 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

Any recent reports from anyone? Going up August 24 and curious about water levels and fish activity

Thanks!!!

7/1/18 @ 6:06 AM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15
Sunny

Just got back home from Sleepy Dog, what amazing accomdations compated to some on the lake.  Any how, fishing was tough at best.  May Fly hatch was in full bloom water temps had water from about 71 to 75 and water level going down.  Many rocks that havent seen sun for years are popping up so be careful with motors.  Perch and northerns galor if you wanted them, and small mouth were in full bite.  Walley were tough and hard to be found but suspened about 8-16 feet just sitting there after gorging on may flies.  Those we caught had no rhime nor reason to where they were at.  Caught many in 5 feet of water and then from 10 to 20.  No particular place seemed to be better than others but had good luck in Keynote and north of Perch point. Worms trolling and jigging did work but again it was all over the place.  Good luck and fish on :)

6/18/18 @ 6:52 AM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08

We just got back from a week of beautiful weather and decent fishing. The majority of our take home fish were caught at the 2nd Narrows North. We caught the big three as well as a few perch up there. We got into a decent perch bite on Keynote with some real nice size to the perch. Not big numbers but good quality fish. All fish caught was on some form of Gulp Minnows or crawlers. The falls opened our last day and we got a walleye and a couple of northern with just an hour or so invested. The water level overall is low and water temps were just creeping into the upper 60's at the end of the week. Tight lines!

6/10/18 @ 6:39 AM
TallPinesCamp
User since 6/10/18

We've sold???  How'd we do?  News to us...

6/9/18 @ 7:14 AM
Patmc13
User since 6/12/16

We are heading up to Kingfisher Lodge on Friday the 15th.  Looking forward to getting on the water.  It will be interesting to see how the fishing is.  2017 was tough.  We caught few perch last year (we went a week earlier) some walleye and tons of northern.  Our favorite spot is at the "Indian Reservation."  We catch everything there, bass, northern, perch, and walleye.  

6/4/18 @ 1:19 PM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

We have friends staying at Tall Pines this week and they were told that Tall Pines just sold a week or so ago.  They understood that Andrea and Steve were going to be there through the season but no idea who purchased the camp.  Just FYI.  Also, weather has been so cold and windy and rainy to date that fishing has been tough, but, when you could fish, they were catching a pretty good number of big eyes and decent perch.  I will be up at Sleepy Dog in 2 weeks.  Can't believe how time has gone by so fast since last year.

6/1/18 @ 7:19 PM
BrownLab2
User since 6/5/10

Try the 2nd narrows across from the Waubeskang Nation and 5th Lake in the weed beds for perch.

6/1/18 @ 6:22 AM
FISHING REPORT
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Talked with Sleepy Dog, will be there in 3 weeks, but, fishing has been pretty good.  Water a little low and warm, but fishing has been generally good.  Usual places still picking up fish, Keynote, 1st/2nd narrows, the Flats, Ruby.  Sleepy Dog has a recent cancellation in Cabin 5 that sleeps 6 for week of June 16 if anyone is looking for a last minute trip to Wabaskang.  Good luck everyone.  I too hope for a little more info on increase on crappie fishing.  Hope to pick up a few this year.

5/31/18 @ 9:03 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

What is considered lost lake on Wabaskang? Why does there seem to be so much crappie action off Kingfisher's docks? Where are the best perch spots in August?

5/29/18 @ 4:41 PM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08

Coming up the week of June 9th-16th and staying at the Kingfisher. Looking for a current report, water levels/temps etc. We usually make the journey to Wine Lake, Keynote? and Ruby. And fish the usual spots on Wabby 1st & 2nd narrows and the reservation area. If anyone has any tips or hotspots they would like to share I would be most appreciative and would do the same. TIA

4/12/18 @ 7:37 AM
goosepnd
User since 5/17/15

Just saw a post from Sleepy Dog Resort, and there is 28+ inches of ice infront of there.  This is just in front of the 1st narrows.  Better hurry and warm up or it wont be gone for the opener :(

Displaying 16 to 30 of 1,100 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE