SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
INITIAL POST
SIX PACK
User since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,100 posts
6/2/22 @ 7:48 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

In regards to potato's. We were not asked specifically about spuds; just assumed they were still on the list as we had not seen any info to contrary

5/31/22 @ 7:31 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

Quackshot,  nice post.  A question, on food products.  I know that currently eggs and poultry from the identified areas can not be brought in.  But you also mentioned Potato's?  There was a time potato's could not be brought in but even as of last year we were able to bring in potato's.  Directly from the Canadian updated website, same one with the poultry restrictions it says.  "Potatoes must be commercially packaged and graded US No.1"  to come across the border without issue.   Did they specifically ask for potato's?

Thanks 

5/30/22 @ 8:38 AM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

We got in line at 1:00 pm. cleared the booth at 2:20 pm.

With regards to lakers one boat from our group was dragging sutton spoons behind dipseys and deep six divers on big lake rods. We did much better and had a lot more fun using our walleye trolling rods and #8 shad raps. 2.5 to 2.7 gives you approx 10 feet of depth at 40' of 15# braid.

Good Luck

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO photo by Quackshot
5/30/22 @ 7:17 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Thanks for the report Qhackshot, What times did you cross border? I hope I can get my wife to catch a laker we try every year but have failed.

5/29/22 @ 10:25 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

Just got back from Wabaskang and my report mirrors the previous. After a two year respite the average size of the walleyes is excellent. Of the first five walleyes caught only one was under 18". Smallies averaged 17" to 18" with many over 19". The eyes were actively spawning with many of the larger first having milt on their backs or sides. Jig & minnow or plastics worked equally well. Water is up 4.5 feet and slowly falling. Caught and released multiple lakers using flutter spoons or shad raps. I prefer the shad raps and left the downrigger in camp. 

Hwy 105 is closed due to high water and you will be taking a rough detour. Cover your boat if possible as the detour is a muddy mess. Border crossing took 1.5 hours - remember no live bait fresh or frozen and no eggs, potato's or raw poultry. 

BTW - the Lake master SD card is a good investment. It only has 10' contours after the 1st five feet but does a good job of identifying the hazards and is reasonably accurate in most of the basins and if you need more you can use the auto chart to map the section you intend to fish

Good Luck

5/28/22 @ 9:16 AM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

Heard from owners of Wabaskang Camp via FB posting this week. Water level is way high compared to the past few years that it has been way low.  

Jim & Julies Wabaskang Camp  www.wabaskangcamp.com 

5/28/22 @ 8:13 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Lets hear some reports

2/21/22 @ 1:39 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Has anyone used the Lake-Master chip in your locator for Wabaskang?  Reading the reports not sure if it is worthwhile purchasing it. 

9/10/21 @ 10:13 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

While I am not an expert on fall fishing in Canada, I did have some experiences. Very different from May to September. We found the fish in September to be in pockets and very deep. Not unusual to find walleyes in 30+ feet of water. A lot depends on the lake and whether it has deep areas. Really got to work to find them. The camp owner often commented that lake trout fisherman fishing deep often started to catch walleyes at the end of August. In summary, you have to do a lot of exploring to find them. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

9/9/21 @ 5:53 PM
Tarawa
User since 3/18/20

Leaving Sunday 9/12 with a small group for a last minute escape. Have fished there and area waters in June as well. Looking for any updates or pointers.

dlok, sent you a friend request as well

8/26/21 @ 2:28 PM
dlok
dlok
PRO MEMBER User since 11/20/08

Coming the week of the 9/4 to 9/10 like everyone else I'm sure a couple of years in the making. We usually do early June so this time of year will be a new one for us. Any chance on getting a update on water levels and the bite?  

TIA,

DLL  

8/22/21 @ 7:25 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

any current reports?

8/9/21 @ 10:36 AM
TallPinesPerrault
User since 1/21/19

Just to update any Wabaskang Lake fans, the fishing has been outstanding this season.  With only a few local leisure craft boats on the water for almost 2 years, the fishery has rebounded even more.  Great size and numbers for walleye and pike and smallmouth that we've been focusing on.  The fact that there are so many weed edges along shore as well as humps throughout, provide endless spots.  Yes, the water level is down from last year, a couple camps couldn't get their docks in for a late opener, but Peffley's and Tall Pines are open for sure, and pretty sure a couple of the Canadian owned ones are too.  Thanks to everyone who has been rooting for the fishing camps during this ordeal- we American camp owners are so thrilled to welcome Americans back!

7/3/19 @ 10:16 PM
jsmyers
User since 6/25/10

Great Trip! I posted a full trip report on another site: https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695976

I got my first musky and figured out a good smallmouth pattern. The big pike didn't cooperate...I guess I have a bit to learn there.

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO photo by jsmyers
7/1/19 @ 5:45 PM
czar312
User since 8/19/14

How were your trips?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,100 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE