Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

SIX PACK
SIX PACK
Level: General User
6/9/02 9:33 PM CST
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 952
czar312
czar312
8/19/14 8:51 PM CST
Going to Sleepy dog in August of 2015. Staying in cabin 1, any tips? Have a map and any tips or landmarks are appreciated.

Thanks!

BrownLab2
BrownLab2
Level: MEMBER
8/8/14 9:06 PM CST
Rancher,

The water levels were higher than normal. The fishing was terrific. The mayflies hatch was over, although we saw a few casings on 2nd lake. Fish the cabbage weeds and you will find the walleyes 10-14FOW.

We spent most of our time fishing on the weed bed and mid lake humps on the 5th lake (north of Peffley's) We also spent time fishing on the bay north of Jim/Julies Waubeskang Camp.

Overall, it was a terrific trip and Tom/Margaret owners of Sleepy Dog Cabins are the best. They built a new outdoor pizza oven and host a pizza party on Wednesday nights. If you want a few more details on fishing - send me message and I will share some additional information.

The fishing will continue to get better in the next few weeks and I wish I had the time to return again this year.

Brownlab2

Rancher
Rancher
8/7/14 9:45 AM CST
BrownLab2 How was the fishing, water levels, bugs etc......? I am heading up in a few weeks. Thanks.

snortwheze
See Profile
7/14/14 12:15 PM CST
Just got back from Anishinabi and surrounding portage lakes. Mayfly hatch was going on last week. They actually started emerging on Anishinabi Friday. Bite was a little slow for walleye on smaller lakes but still caught fish..

BrownLab2
BrownLab2
7/13/14 8:11 PM CST
Thanks Deerlake1.

[This post was last edited on 7/13/14 at 8:12 PM]
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
7/13/14 7:51 AM CST
I came home from Eagle Lake July 5th and the hatch was lite at that time. The guides told us everything was running two weeks behind normal. I have a friend coming home tonite from Eagle I will let you know what he reports.

BrownLab2
BrownLab2
7/12/14 8:08 PM CST
My group is heading to Waubeskang at the end of July and I'm checking on the status of the mayfly hatch.

I read one report that in the Eagle Lake area the hatch has been strong. Any reports on Waubeskang?

BrownLab 2

percheye1
See Profile
6/22/14 7:46 AM CST
Not bad. If you fish right along shore have some spray in the boat but in camp they were fine and on the lake in general none. Dragon flies are out taking care of mosquitoes.

Rancher
Rancher
6/22/14 5:20 AM CST
How have the bugs been in this area so far?

percheye1
See Profile
6/21/14 8:52 PM CST
Just got back from a week at Tall Pines. Great time fishing was very good walleyes caught anywhere from 3 to 15' most caught in 5 to 7' early in the week yesterday 10' more common. Had to work for our perch but finished up on them yesterday at noon. Not as shallow as normal and somewhat scattered but 5-7' on average 10" and up.

vegas492
See Profile
6/18/14 4:46 PM CST
I wouldn't go anywhere but Peffleys on that lake. Great camp. And it is located close to where we liked to fish.

30"
6/15/14 5:25 PM CST
Returned on friday afternoon, Great trip and great time at Tall Pines camp. Walleyes were found on about any wind blown shore. We used spinners 90% of the time. We used bottom bouncers in front of them and lead core and no weight. Success with all presentations. For bait one guy ran nothing but minnows, I ran gulp alive,Kalins, Gulp leeches. The last person ran gulp leeches 70% of the time when not it was real crawlers. Most eyes were 20-25 with some at 12-15.5 Lots of Northern 24-26 we kept and had one at 35, and another 36.5 . Perch on slip bobbers and piece of worm. Now have to wait till next year again. Crying

percheye1
See Profile
6/10/14 9:10 PM CST
Caruck check your messenger.

percheye1
See Profile
6/9/14 6:53 AM CST
I have been at Peffleys and Tall Pines and have had good experience with both. 1/16 to 1/4 oz jigs depending on depth and conditions with half a nightcrawler for me.

Caruck
Caruck
6/9/14 6:39 AM CST
Just returned to Wabaskang after 25 years...slightly different report than Sixpack. We found the water level quite high and the fish scattered. Best action was close to weed beds in 4-5 feet of water. Managed nothing bigger than 22" for walleyes, found the perch tight in the weedbeds. There are small minnows everywhere on the lake and the bite appears to be getting better each day. Looking for a new camp to stay at, we were not happy with the way our camp conducted business. Any info on good places to stay, or fishing spots or techniques would be appreciated.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 952
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick Baitmate

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook