Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

SIX PACK
SIX PACK
Level: General User
6/9/02 9:33 PM CST
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 926
30"
4/8/14 8:36 PM CST
Heading up same week as last year. We had great success on walleye,perch,and northern oh and some BIG smalls. We stayed at Tall pines and it was exceptional. Anyone else heading to Wabaskang this year? (good luck nibbler)

[This post was last edited on 4/8/14 at 8:38 PM]
Nibbler
Nibbler
2/13/14 3:35 PM CST
Well our fishing group had our annual Canada meeting last night to plan out our trip for the upcoming opener this year. Does anyone have a report of how the ice and snow conditions are up there and how they compare to last winter. It's only a short 92 days until we leave for Wabaskang Lake and I'm anxious to get some fish in the boat. Hopefully I'll get a get few more slobs like the one picture.

Thanks

Nibbler

wall47
wall47
6/7/13 9:36 AM CST
WAS UP AT PEFFEY'S FROM MAY 25TH TILL JUNE 1. THE FISHING WAS OK. HAD A GOOD MORNING BITE AND A LATE EVENING BITE. BLUE BIRD SKYS AND TEMPS IN 70'S FOR 4 DAYS. CAUGHT LOTS OF EATER SIZE EYES AND A 36' NORTHREN. PERCH FISHING WAS SCARCE. ONLY CAUGHT A FEW. TROUT WERE STILL UP AND LOWS OF WHITEFISH. Smile

30"
6/6/13 8:23 PM CST
11 hours till im north bound!!!!!

30"
6/5/13 6:52 PM CST
Staying at Tall Pines

Medds1
Medds1
6/5/13 11:05 AM CST
We were there two weeks ago and are heading back up on Friday as well. 30" where are you staying? We did pretty good two weeks ago and will do better this trip.

30"
6/1/13 9:12 PM CST
Leave-in for here on friday this week, Anyone been this year??? Big Smile

percheye1
See Profile
5/28/13 6:37 AM CST
Anyone finding any perch?

Dirtsprintcarfan
Dirtsprintcarfan
Level: MEMBER
5/9/13 9:16 PM CST
View of the channel in front of the Waubaskang First Nations.

Courteous of Dave from Peffley's Camp.

[This post was last edited on 5/9/13 at 9:18 PM]
Nibbler
Nibbler
4/13/13 2:16 PM CST
5 weeks until the opener, hopefully the ice will be gone

Charles E Osborne
Charles E  Osborne
3/23/13 3:49 PM CST
I have fished both spring and fall and if forced to pick, I would go with the last week in August and first two weeks in September. The fish are deeper and bigger and seem more hungry. I have had my very best fishing EVER during a snow squall the first week in September. Fishing during the spring is mostly males who are smaller but wonderful eating.

Nibbler
Nibbler
3/20/13 10:15 PM CST
I go up every year for the opener with a big group and mostly all we use are 1/4 ounce jigs with some sort of plastic like a twister tail or shad tail. We use the same method for catching walleye and northern. All we do is use 8 pound monofilament with a 2 foot section of 20 pound fluorocarbon leader at the end attached to the jig. With this method we catch walleye and northern while rarely having an issue with bite offs or shy fish. Have fun and cast away.

Charles E Osborne
Charles E  Osborne
3/19/13 3:11 PM CST
Wabaskang lake has heavily stained water with relatively low visibility with a very large population of northerns and walleyes. If you want to catch northerns, leaders are necessary to prevent biteoffs. If you are fishing for walleyes, leaders are a problem as walleyes will refuse jigs with leaders. I have fished wabaskang four weeks a year for six years and have had excellent success with white or chartreuse Reelbait 1/8 oz jigs with leaf spinners. Any 1/8 oz jig with a spinner will work. I have become convinced that because of the heavy staining a spanner is necessary to attract attention. I use minnows and fish the BOTTOM. These fish are on the bottom and getting off the bottom will get northerns.( I am talking about 6"!) Bite offs are common when not on the bottom. In the spring, expect the walleyes to be in as little as 2ft of water going down to six or eight feet. Check the local season for small mouth bass as these fish are protected in the spring. One last word Wabaskang lake is frequently visited by the local fisheries people and the game laws are vigorously enforced. I know one guy who was fined over $1000! Fish are checked in your refrigerator. Good luck

percheye1
See Profile
2/16/13 9:25 AM CST
Jigs 1/16 to 1/4 oz smaller probably better in early june.

mjrols1023
mjrols1023
2/15/13 2:40 PM CST
Heading up to Wabaskang in late June for the first time. Any suggestions for tackle? We prefer casting for Sm mouth, pike, and walleye.I realize every lake has its own identity and tackle that may have worked great at other lakes we have fished may not do so well. Just looking for some suggestions to make the best of our time up there.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 926
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link.com find us on facebook