WABASKANG LAKE PERRAULT FALLS, ONTARIO

6/9/02 @ 9:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
SIX PACK
SIX PACK
USER since 2/10/02
FISHED FIRST WEEK OF JUNE BEST FISHING IN ALL THE YEARS WE WENT. WALLEYES WERE IN 2 TO 8 FEET OF WATER 1/8 OZ. WHITE JIGS WORKED BEST. WALLEYES FROM 12 TO 27 INCHES BUT ONLY 1 OVER 18 INCHES ADAY MAY BE KEPT. LAKE TROUT WERE ACTIVE BEST WAS A 12 POUNDER. GOOD LUCK SIXPACK

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,063 Posts
5/10/17 @ 3:31 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01

You guys please post how you do. What depths and presentation. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
5/10/17 @ 11:38 AM
bubrave04
bubrave04
USER since 5/10/17

I'll be up there the same week at Tall Pines. From the looks of their facebook page and blog the ice is out already.

Post Your Comment
4/26/17 @ 5:43 PM
Smallmouth1
Smallmouth1
USER since 5/1/05

According to Sleepy Dog...ice is out.

Post Your Comment
4/26/17 @ 3:21 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01

I usually watch Jim and Julis wabaskang camp news report and looked this am and he hasnt posted since Decemeber.  He usually posts as ice breaks up.

Post Your Comment
4/26/17 @ 11:30 AM
goosepnd
goosepnd
USER since 5/17/15

Headed to Wabaskang over Memorial Day weekend and following week at Tall Pines.  Time approaching quick.  Anyone heard what ice is doing? Hope weather holds better than it is around the states so far this spring with rain, wind, and storms.

Post Your Comment
9/22/16 @ 9:16 PM
ColoradoMS
ColoradoMS
USER since 5/22/15

Rancher,

Glad you had a good trip!  We went last year but really struggled to find fish so we went back to "Ole Faithfull" Lac Seul this year.  Did you portage over to Wine Lake?  That portage and river voyage was a blast and something I'll never forget.  We found some fast action for about 1 hour at the Wine Lake entrance for the 2 days we went over.  Tight Lines my friend.

Post Your Comment
9/19/16 @ 2:52 PM
Rancher
Rancher
MEMBER since 2/21/02

Fished out of Peffley's the week of September 10th,  the weather cooperated for the most part.  We had a little rain a few days, but no high winds that you can get this time of year.  Fishing was consistent for Perch and Walleye.  Wife outfished me as usual catching a 14.25" perch this year and a 23"  walleye.  Caught a lot of walleyes 14" to 17".  Wierd summer and fall weather has scattered the fish, no real pattern to them.   Caught fish from 15' to 35', jigs crawler and/or minnow both worked.  Came home with our 4 person limit of Perch and Walleyes.  Camp was excellent, great service.  Fish cleaning house is the best I have ever saw.  Boats have all been upgraded in the last year or 2.

Post Your Comment
8/22/16 @ 7:13 AM
czar312
czar312
USER since 8/19/14

Just returned from Wabaskang Saturday night after 6 days at Sleepy Dog Cabins. Fishing was good but you really had to work for them. Water temperature was in the mid to low 70's.

Most fish were caught on crawler harnesses, some on whistler jigs. Preferred color was orange followed by chartreuse. Silver rattletraps took the smallmouths.

Booked next years trip for last week of August.

Post Your Comment
7/31/16 @ 7:59 AM
Rancher
Rancher
MEMBER since 2/21/02

Come on guys I know a bunch of Lake-Linkers have had to have fished Wabaskang lately, please let us know how you did, weather lake levels etc...

I will be up with a small group to Peffley's the week of September 10th and will provide a full report upon return  

Post Your Comment
7/19/16 @ 9:36 PM
czar312
czar312
USER since 8/19/14

any reports since Coos or Percheye....going in a month, just curious?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,063 Posts