11/26/18 @ 11:21 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

A trio I had done. 

12/16/15 @ 9:10 PM
madgrad02
User since 5/27/08
This year's buck from opening morning of gun season.
12/16/15 @ 1:12 PM
Budman
User since 8/17/01
Fish Freak, your taxidermist probably used dermestid beetles to clean the skull. those little suckers don't leave any meat left when they're done.
12/15/15 @ 4:43 PM
Fish_Freak
User since 4/29/05
Hello, I did one this year (first one on my own) and it turned out decent but I had a hard time getting all of the bits from up in the nasal cavity. All those very thin spiral bones were hard to work around. I boiled it for 4 hours, cleaned it up then boiled it for 4 more hours and did some more cleaning. I used a forceps to pull out as much as I could. I had one done by my taxidermist a few year back and his was as clean as a whistle with no damage to those bones. What's the secret? Thanks much! Big Smile
12/13/15 @ 11:45 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
One I finished a couple nights ago...
12/13/15 @ 11:23 PM
EYE_SKI
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
Here is my bow kill from this year. Puke
12/13/15 @ 10:44 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15
Twig that is badass
12/13/15 @ 9:51 PM
fin_prof
fin_prof
User since 1/2/12
I was fortunate enough to finally get a mature buck bowhunting this year - A main frame 10 pointer with a split brow tine and a drop tine. I have shot some decent 8 pointers in the past (I was happy with every deer that I shot - each is a great memory), but nothing that really kept me up at night reliving the details like this one. The rack is beat up and busted off in several places (He has a broken off drop tine on his left antler that, judging by the width of the point, was 4-5 inches long, and a busted off right hand main beam about three inches past his G2. He also has his G1 and G2 partially busted off and all but about 1 inch of his G3 broken off along with the end of his main beam on his right antler). Another really neat thing is the little bonus "point" that he has coming out of his skull below the base of his left main beam. On his left side, his non-busted brow tine is a split brow tine and is 6 inches long and his non-busted G2 is around 8.5 inches. On his right side, his non busted G4 is just a hair over 4 inches. His inside spread was just over 16 inches as it stands and his one main beam would have been about 19 inches (I think it is over 17 now, after being busted). Lastly, he has good mass, measuring just over 5 inches around on one side and just under 5 inches around on the other side (between the base and his brow tine). His mass is decent all the way up. I was really hoping to see some trail camera pictures of him (my friend has a couple trail cameras out there) before he was busted off to see how big he went. However, no dice. Don't know what he would have scored before getting busted off. Too bad I guess. I still am very happy. He is a real character buck and the circumstances in which I got him make for a great story. I heard him fighting with another deer shortly before he came strutting in, stopping for a brief moment at 25 yards and giving me just enough time to get a good shot off. Good luck to all those still trying to fill their tags!
European mounts.. Let us see them photo by fin_prof
12/13/15 @ 1:36 PM
Twig "SNAP"
User since 2/13/11
Thanks Blue, I'm lucky to have a wife that likes an outdoorsy vibe. Here's a log hutch I made her to display her Nick nacks that fits in here
12/13/15 @ 10:26 AM
Twig "SNAP"
User since 2/13/11
Made a Euro tree
11/26/15 @ 10:26 PM
SB Dad
User since 8/16/09
This year's muley.
11/25/15 @ 11:01 PM
2xH
User since 9/26/15
Last two years bow kills
European mounts.. Let us see them photo by 2xH
11/25/15 @ 9:25 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11
This was my first time attempting a Euro myself and pretty happy. Deer was my bow buck from October this year. skinned the head and got the lower jaw off then boiled for a couple hours hitting it with a hose ever 45 minutes or so to clean everything off. Then used peroxide($3) to bleach it and let sit in the sun for a day. Purchased the plaque on Amazon for $35 and mounted it myself. It can hang on the wall or sit on a table top. Plaque is made of cedar. Not sure why they are rotated, tried to fix it but did not work. Sorry about that.
European mounts.. Let us see them photo by take'em!
11/23/15 @ 10:35 PM
fallflights3
fallflights3
PRO MEMBER User since 12/30/04
One from a few years ago...
11/5/15 @ 8:36 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
ANyone ever do this themselves? I've heard of methods where you dig a hole in the ground and bury the head for a year. Seems like mice would get it.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 36 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE