SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Statewide rifle in WI???

4/18/13 @ 11:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Pond Patrol
PRO MEMBER User since 2/2/07
Try goggling this topic and you come up with nothing. WON last issue had one sentence about it passing thats it and then pages on topics not nearly as important from the spring hearings. Why is no one even mentioning this topic? Please let me know any further info you have on this matter. IS IT OFFICIAL or are there other steps that need to take place and will we see this for this years gun hunt? Surprised no one is discussing this and thank you for any info.
Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
4/26/13 @ 10:23 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
rifle or shotgun, they are not dangerous. only people are dangerous. there are more accidents with shotguns shooting bird shot during turkey hunting season than there is with shotguns or rifles during the gun deer season.
4/22/13 @ 5:25 PM
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05
if passing through a deer I would bet the slug would go farther then a bullet most of the time. a bullet would use a higher percentage of its energy in the deer compare to a slug. I would say a slug would have a higher percentage to ricochet then a bullet. the only time a bullet would be more dangerous is in a miss shooting up hill or in a flat field shooting straight. I would say most people hunt safely or our accidental shooting would be much higher in wi with 600,000+ hunters. in my head there is no reason not to allow rifles state wide. shooting any firearm in the wrong direction can be dangerous and in my opinion too many people underestimate what a slug from a shotgun can do. which makes them more careless on safety which makes shotguns even more dangerous.
4/22/13 @ 5:05 PM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Not much difference between some of those Thompson Center pistols and a rifle!! Can certainly understand why the restrictions are in place. With so many that simply don't follow the basic safety rule of knowing your target and what's beyond. Even if a slug was to pass through on a deer in a farm field. It won't travel as far as a rifle round. But what's the difference then if using one of those above mentioned type pistols. So many wont stop to think about that bullet going through and maybe hitting the house a half mile away. Not many bullets are going to go that far in the northwoods without hitting a tree in most cases.
4/22/13 @ 10:50 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I know what you mean ihookem. My brother-in-law hunts in a shotgun zone but uses his pistol. He's got it all setup to shoot like a regular rifle, apparently its legal because its considered a pistol yet. I know he checked with a local warden before using it since he figured people would question it.
4/21/13 @ 8:31 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
I hope the whole state goes rifle. I need an excuse to get a .270
4/19/13 @ 6:10 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
So much of the state is rifle now and does not seem to have any negative affect at all. As a mater of fact rifle calibers are legal statewide anyway, just got to shoot it from a pistol stock and the barrel can be 3' long and still legal. Kind of stupid really.
4/19/13 @ 6:13 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
There was only a yes vote at the CC meetings. Which means very little in the big picture of it becoming allowed. There are many more steps that need to be taken. The CC meetings are basically only proposals looking for public input. Anything could happen from there. I will not speculate on it happening. Since it may happen this year, or not happen at all. One never knows which proposals will be acted on at what time. Without going into great detail over the law or regulation making process, I hope you understand a little bit more.
Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE