SEARCH
MORE
Archery

NEED HELP!!!

9/12/14 @ 2:57 AM
INITIAL POST
bigfisher920
User since 7/27/07
ran trail cams all summer long. have my stand about 40 or 50 yards from the camera. was getting pics constant all summer and now the past 2 weeks, not a single pic was taken. do you think it would even pay to sit that stand opening day?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts
9/16/14 @ 10:18 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
Hunting outagamie co been seeing a lot of doe few small bucks 1 nice 10 so fare. All going for the acorns.got beans across the street one field cut hey the other seems I see them more in the hay then beans so fare.
9/16/14 @ 5:18 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
ditto to the pressure maybe one or 2 more sits for me, and maybe none until late October-1-2 week of nov, and only hunt when fronts are coming through or some weather when deer are going to naturally move during daylight. some may say bs! but ive been doing this on my 40 now for the last few years and I only hunt evenings and in the last 4-5 years I have maybe 2 or 3 sits were I have not seen multiple deer, with the most being 25 in one evening. now every place is different I know and you should go when you can, albeit if you can hold out and only hunt some lands a handful of times a year you will deffinetly see more deer and maybe get that big boy that you are looking for. goodhuntin!
9/16/14 @ 4:42 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
you guys are stinking up your area and hunting way too much. just saying.
9/15/14 @ 4:25 PM
SFC S
User since 1/24/06
Pretty sure I'd sit somewhere else. After I actually looked for deer sign that is.
9/15/14 @ 3:45 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
User since 12/26/04
Pulled my card 2 weeks ago and had 5 diff bucks and several does during daylight hours. Put 15hrs in the same stand all weekend and didnt see a single deer. I guess thats the luck of the draw. Def not giving up but definitely discouraging.
9/12/14 @ 10:16 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Wow blk lab those bucks are very nice!!!! Good luck on one of those dandys!! I would have to agree that the food source changed also. I would still hunt the spot tho. Good luck to all that get out tomorrow! I can't wait!
9/12/14 @ 6:42 PM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
I agree. My first thought - and I have the same issue - spending too much time in the woods. I have a cousin who is checking his cams all the time. Had a call from him tonight. The camera is dead. Gee, wonder why. you check the photos 2x's per week. I set my cameras up in Aug, and have yet to check them. That will be for this weekend when I hunt. 2nd thing - food source. So if you are not on beans or 'corns, then I MIGHT rethink your stand location, but there would be a lot more to play than just that. My go to stand #1 and #2, never change from year to year. Because they are between the bedding area and the food, many food sources. While they might not use the exact trail, I know they will be moving between pt a and pt b. That simply increases your odds and that is all you can ask for. Good luck.
9/12/14 @ 4:29 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
User since 12/26/04
Cams only cover so much area. I would still sit, been hearing the same problem from several diff people. Just because u aren't getting them on cam doesnt mean they aren't moving through.
9/12/14 @ 1:22 PM
BLK LAB
User since 7/18/03
yeah, seems I have some good ones running around this year again. One thing to get their pic a whole other to actually kill em. Gonna start trying tomorrow!!!
NEED HELP!!! photo by BLK LAB
9/12/14 @ 12:44 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Wow BLK LAB - that first picture get your blood pumping a little bit?
9/12/14 @ 12:02 PM
BLK LAB
User since 7/18/03
I tend to agree with the acorn thing. My food plots this year are the best they have been in 10 years. I have 4 cameras going on them and have been getting great pics all summer up till 2 weeks ago. We have a ton of acorns falling now and both times I checked out the woods to check on acorns, I bumped big bucks feeding on them. Just my thoughts.
NEED HELP!!! photo by BLK LAB
9/12/14 @ 9:45 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
X4 - don't know where you are at, but acorns have been dropping. That is likely the culprit. As far as whether you should sit or not, that is up to you. I do know you can't shoot a deer from the couch as they say. You could also look at it as a scouting trip. Just because deer aren't walking directly in front of you camera anymore, doesn't mean sitting in stand for a couple hours wouldn't be worthless. You still may see or hear deer movement, and get a better idea where they are at. Or, if you know of and have hunting access to an oak stand, hunt that and confirm us internet experts right or wrong. Smile
9/12/14 @ 8:59 AM
perchthriller
User since 7/14/09
X3...food change
9/12/14 @ 8:38 AM
AM187
User since 6/18/10
That's what I was thinking too...change in their food pattern.
9/12/14 @ 8:37 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02
Acorns?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE