SEARCH
MORE
Archery

What cross bow do you think is the best

2/21/14 @ 10:48 AM
INITIAL POST
bob kaz
User since 1/7/02
I purchased the Ten Point with acudraw crank system , really a great bow ! I t. Ride to pull other bows back even with the 50% let off cables and couldn't the crank system is really a great tool , Thanks Ten Point . This setup allows me to still bow hunt probably will use it for rifle too.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 124 posts
3/10/16 @ 11:29 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Congrats to your daughter Lookn'. I don't see any issue with a youth using a Xbow as it lights that fire. My father is the same way, he is a Vietnam Vet and from an injury he has ZERO bone left in the left wrist and was forced to use a Xbow about 10 years ago. he does it to stay in the woods, but he said it's just not the same and really doesn't like it. He shot a 161 a few years back and doesn't even feel like its worth talking about. I keep telling him you're nuts as it's the only way for him to hunt, but I can't change how he feels about them. To each his own. I think Xbows are love-hate, there is no in between.
3/10/16 @ 11:14 AM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
A crossbow forum would be great. Another good option would be a crossbow sub-forum under the firearms section. My daughter killed her bear last fall with a Barnett Raptor but now wants to get into bow hunting. (Her words not mine)
3/10/16 @ 10:33 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
I've contacted Lake Link, they got back to me. A Xbow section is in the works...because right now people are thinking they are coming to an Archery forum, then see Xbow posts at the top. Very confusing to people looking for archery information and talk.
3/10/16 @ 7:10 AM
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01
As I have written in earlier posts I have a Mission MXB400. I am very impressed with the 400 but I would caution others looking for a crossbow to consider the 360 or even the 320. Seeing a bolt hit the target at 400 fps is impossible. In the 400's owners manual it warns not to shoot lighted nocks above 360 ft. per second. As I wrote earlier my 400 came apart when the lighted Mission bolt came apart. I missed that part in the book and the Pro Shop didn't know that until we called Mission directly. I mounted a $300 camera on the crossbow so I could play back the shot. To make a long story shorter, rather than carrying a laptop in your backpack along with my rig I would consider a 360 so I could shot a lighted nock. I hope that helps a little when considering buying a crossbow. Good Luck and Happy Shooting. Mike
3/4/16 @ 12:37 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10
JS Outdoors is right on the money, shoot them all ! I shot alot and ended up with a Stryker by Bowtech,love the saftey and the trigger Wink alot of them the saftey sounded like a twig snapping. the choice is yours $350-$2000 but must be honest I did not shoot a Mission because that was back when they took them ALL off the shelfs for a recall? I could touch and feel but not shoot them . Also if you don't shoot a crossbow or don't like them why even bother commenting ? Puke Reason for me buying 1 was for the Daughter just didn't feel comfortable her shooting 30-35 lbs.
2/29/16 @ 6:47 PM
JS Outdoors
User since 2/28/16
I will not pretend to know which crossbow is best in this extremely competitive market. What I will tell you is that I purchased a Mission 400xb two years ago and could not be happier. I tried out many brands and models and kept coming back to this one. It just feels right when in my hands. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feelings. I know I did and will never look back. Go shoot them all and decide which fits your style the best and most importantly, have fun doing it.
2/29/16 @ 12:15 PM
Fishy1960
User since 10/15/15
I wanted to try cross Bow hunting last year-without a big investment-ended up buying a Barnett raptor for 350.00 It took an hour or so at the archery shop to shoot a tight group at 20 yards. Killed a nice 9 pointer with it and was amazed at the speed and accuracy. I'm sure there are better ones- but its tough to argue the tight groups I had. The archery shop has sold 100 of them without one coming back. Downside to a crossbow is they are clumsy- will switch back to my bow now that my shoulder is better- but I still plan on taking it out next fall and keeping it ready if my shoulder flares up again-a great option to have Big Smile Tried the mission at the shop-awesome bow but didn't want to spend 1000.00 on it for a one or two year situation.
2/29/16 @ 11:53 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Fly guy I have kids too, what's your point? you can't take 20 minutes 2 times a week to throw a few arrows. I shoot a recurve too...for the poster below. I've heard that before from people but I actually agree with it. long bows, recurve etc, I have mad respect for those guys. most are in it for one reason... and it's not cuz it's easy. His point is valid, traditional bow hunters are awesome, I've yet to kill a deer with one, rabbits, squirrels and occasional farm cat...but not a deer. So i'm not in their league yet, but someday. It's on my list though... To to each his own right? love that saying. By the way, I think I will contact Darin and see if you can get a Xbow page, cuz right now this post is under archery.
2/28/16 @ 1:35 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Long Barrel...I shoot a crossbow because i have 3 kids and do not have the time to properly practice with a bow. Funny you bash me and others that choose to go this route. Would you rather have me taking to a tree just having time to shoot a few arrows before season? I used to shoot daily and do not believe I should be in a tree without proper practice. Sorry for your dad but maybe for the reasons you stated he should hang it up if he doesnt enjoy it. As far as the bow I shoot. Mission is the way I went. I love it. In fact, I love it so much I think my kids might start on a crossbow instead of a gun..
2/25/16 @ 6:48 PM
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10
I bought a Tenpoint Titan Extreme last summer and I am very happy with it. It was reasonably priced, comes with a nice scope and shoots Great. I am in my 50s and in pretty good shape, normal aches and Pains. I choose to hunt with a Crossbow because I want to, not because I need to. I'm not ashamed nor should I be to Hunt with what I want to Hunt with. I own a Recurve, a Compound and now a Crossbow, I have them all, Life is Good. Just another Hunting Tool to me. Love My Crossbow, not ashamed of hunting with one, not ashamed at all Wink
2/24/16 @ 7:51 PM
gypsy
User since 7/24/09
To the guys complaining that xbows are cheating or not fair. I shoot traditional bows, I own 4 recurves and hunt with 2 of them. Should I say you are cheating or taking the easy way because you shoot a compound? To each his own I say.
2/22/16 @ 7:37 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
Some people find it hard to stick to actual topic...don't like it then don't read it Crying Crying
2/22/16 @ 12:01 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
Long Barrel, your completely out of line. If you don't like X-bows, shut up and keeping your options to yourself. I've said they should have kept it to hunters who are disabled or over 65. But by lowering the age opened up a new market for younger generation to buy a new toy. Hey I'm old got plenty of aches and pains, but a die hard hunter who's not giving up and no longer can shoot a vertical bow. For a certain percentage of us its the only way to go. This page was started to rate different brands of bow not to rip them and there users. Enough said..........
2/22/16 @ 11:55 AM
buckatabon-10
User since 4/1/10
Long balls your on the wrong page. If all you want do do is wine about cross bows start your own page. Each to there own.Again just another tool in the tool box. Wicked Ridge Invader for me. Also shoot Parker compound,but we are not talking about those on this page!
2/22/16 @ 10:48 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
My question is why do people use Xbows if they are not disabled? I look at being forced to use a Xbow means that my shoulders are shot and I can't physically pull a Vertical bow. I don't think i'd ever kill a deer with a Xbow personally. I think the guys that have to shoot a Xbow because of a disability or simply age caught up to them, would slap an able bodies person in the face for not wanting to shoot a vertical bow yet. My dad hates the Xbow, says its just not the same.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 124 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE