MORE
ATVs

atv, utv trails/trail riding

9/15/15 @ 12:12 AM
INITIAL POST
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10
I have been bombin around the woods, ice raced and worked atv's for the last 35 years. I have put thousands of miles on snowmobiles through trails in multiple states (some of the best times I've had). But I never "put any real miles" on the trails riding the atv or utv (and i dont know why) until this past weekend. Wow!, what a blast. The fam wanted to go for a ride Saturday (I'm thinking great idea, got a couple beaver ponds I wanted to scout for ducks). We all piled in the Ranger and rolled out. A couple stops to stretch, a pub for gas/ lunch, a restaurant on the trail for dinner and map, and 130 miles later, we are hooked. We hit some trails we rode on the sleds years back, the #2 out of escanaba Mi to Gwinn and some old logging roads back. Just a great time and the kids loved it. Now lookin and planning for our next adventure. With the hunting season here might not be till spring? But I'm looking for some suggestions on great trails to ride, wife wants to combine some camping/trail riding next year.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
8/25/16 @ 9:41 AM
Price County Tourism Department
User since 9/4/02

All Price County trails are open, in good condition and welcoming visitors. Motorized-use trails allow UTVs up to 65 inches wide. 

The 25th Annual Fifield Dirt Devils ATV Rally will be held at a local resort on September 3, 2016 beginning at 10am. Come and enjoy the fun – ride or just watch; trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd; classes for all ATVs for the mud run; classes for all ATVs, UTVs and dirt bikes for the off-road challenge; plus food and refreshments.  

Make plans now to getaway this fall! Click here to order an ATV/UTV/Off-road Motorcycle map and more information on the 25th Annual Fifield Dirt Devils ATV Rally . Please enter ATV in the questions/comments field on the order form.   

atv, utv trails/trail riding photo by Price County Tourism
7/25/16 @ 10:28 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

We went on the cheese trail yesterday from monroe to Belmont and back very relaxing trail not much to it but plenty of little towns to stop in and eat/drink. ..lots of water on the trail yesterday which made it better than it otherwise would have been. ..overall still a good time and something to do to enjoy a day off work

11/2/15 @ 3:20 PM
User since 9/4/02
Upgrades to the Flambeau Motorized Trail; Trail will be open to ATVs and UTVs 65 inches or less in 2016 The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest is wrapping up work to safely allow ATVs and UTVs 65 inches or less on the Flambeau Motorized Trail starting next spring. The Flambeau Motorized Trail system offers more than 70 miles of year round riding opportunities including ATVs and snowmobiles during the winter months in Price County. "The completion of this project builds on the already tremendous motorized trail systems offered in Price County connecting users to the National Forest and the communities it serves," said Tim Vetter, Assistant Ranger in Recreation on the Medford-Park Fall Ranger District of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. This project was jumpstarted in July 2011 with the Forest completing a Safety Audit identifying areas of the trail system not meeting agency standards for the larger width UTVs. In the years following, through a partnership and trail grants with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the Forest Service secured the money and resources necessary to work on the designs needed for the upgrades. By next spring, the trail system will meet the larger width UTV Trail Standards with the exception of one small segment (118-125, north of Forest Road 182) which will only remain open to motorized vehicles less than 50 inches due to terrain prohibiting factors. The larger width UTVs will have to detour along Forest Road 511 to avoid this short segment. The Flambeau Motorized Trail is open from May 1 to March 14 each year. Weather and trail conditions may cause closures during this time period in order to protect the resource and maintain the integrity of the trail. The allowance of ATVs and UTVs 65 inches or less will occur after spring break up around May 1, 2016. For more information about the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest please visit our website at www.fs.usda.gov/CNNF, follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CNNF002, and/or like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CNNF002. Upgrades to the Flambeau Motorized Trail
10/8/15 @ 8:19 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15
I 2nd big Mac on that.
10/8/15 @ 5:06 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
I did it about 10 years ago. It was mainly abandoned railroad/trolley beds. I found it boring. Big Mac
10/8/15 @ 10:33 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02
Has anyone ever done the Cheesehead(?) trail down by Monroe I think it is .
9/18/15 @ 7:00 AM
kingbass
User since 12/21/01
chequamegon national forest out of washburn wi!! Best trails I've been on. there's 2 loops that I ride. bout 140 miles total. very remote, hardly anyone rides there especially in the fall. I love going late fall. I'll be there the weekend of oct 17 riding! Can't wait!!
9/15/15 @ 7:19 AM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I'll second Mac's suggestions. Great trail systems, plenty of places to stop, stretch, and eat. We've camped at Rock Dam and Snyder Park (both with Clark Co parks) both are right on the trail and allow ATV use in at least portions of the campgrounds. I've camped at Rock Dam since the early 80's, lots of fun memories there. Both can be reserved online... and I'd do it now for next year as they fill fast. Like you, I grew up using the snowmobile trails and was amazed at how fun and popular using ATV's is... not to mention that it's more than replaced lost business from the fall off in snowmobiling. More dependable too.
9/15/15 @ 6:50 AM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
Hard to beat the miles & miles of trails in Jackson & Clark County's. Several places to get gas, lunch, drinks, and some nice areas to stop and camp. The Lake Arbutus campgrounds are well located on the trails. Plus a gas station, several places to get lunch & drinks Bev's Saddle Mound for her great biscuit & gravy, than maybe head down to Millston, to the 400 Club Great sandwiches. Big Mac
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE