SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Best all around ATV??

3/17/15 @ 7:29 PM
INITIAL POST
Buckuuu
User since 3/20/12
I'm gettin on the market for a used 4#4 atv. Not lookin for anything fancy. Just for some deer huntin and ice fishin. Maybe 400-650. Just lookin for any advice on wat to look for in a used one. Been lookin at Polaris Soortsman. Any thoughts? Thnx in advance
Displaying 16 to 30 of 49 posts
9/17/15 @ 10:51 PM
regalt45
User since 2/7/09
Suzuki king quad hands down....
8/21/15 @ 8:26 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
Anyone here have a 2015 yamaha grizzly 700 looking for reviews
8/11/15 @ 8:57 AM
EaglesFly
EaglesFly
User since 8/10/15
ATV's are a lot like trucks. Everyone you talk to has the best one ever and the other brands suck. What it came down to for me was two main things: First, What am I going to use it for? If you are just using it for ice fishing, hunting and maybe a little trial riding, you don't need anything bigger than a 450 to 500. The mid-size and smaller engines will be easier on fuel as well. Second, and maybe most important... What dealerships are near where you will be using the ATV? AND Do you like the dealer? Are they selling you a ride and hurrying you out the door? How are the people at the service desk? Can they answer questions to your satisfaction if you choose to do some maintenance on your own or do they just tell you to bring it in? Every brand, no matter what anyone says, will need oil, belts, etc. Getting the cliquey brand won't help if you have to drive an hour for an oil change kit. Just my .02
8/3/15 @ 7:05 PM
Buckuuu
User since 3/20/12
Anybody know anything about John Deere Buck series Atv? Just saw one for sale on Craigslist. Didn't know John Deere made Atvs. Can't find any decent reviews on them
7/23/15 @ 9:28 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
I would have said yamaha But my 2012 grizzly 700 has been out of commission since May 12. Bad engine control unit. Part is on back order from Yamaha and not shipping until August 6. I was even able to talk to a representative at Yamaha corporate office and they said basically oh well that's when it will ship. Part has been back ordered since I stated May 12.
7/20/15 @ 3:45 PM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
User since 4/3/14
1)Yamaha 2)Honda 3)Can Am _____ _____ _____ 7)Polaris
6/29/15 @ 8:14 PM
ostie
User since 12/12/01
My suggestion would to pick an independent rear suspension over a straight axle based on what you plan to use the quad for. I've ridden a good majority of the machines out there or have had exposure to reliability in all sorts of conditions. My suggestion would be Yamaha grizzly, you will love it's ride, features and it' dependability. Can Am is a great ride but they ask top dollar. Honda is solid but choices are limited with independent rear suspension... Rincons transmission is cold blooded and lags when cold, until it warms up. Bigger Kawasaki, like the Brute force has starting issues when sub zero weather hits. Polaris ran through a good stretch of machines with mechanical issues, but they seem to have turned that around.
6/15/15 @ 11:36 AM
bowtech1981
User since 10/29/11
First choice Honda second Yamaha never Polaris
6/8/15 @ 11:41 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
When you have a trap line to run you gotta go. And yes it was at least 2000lbs cuz the springs on that freight sled are built to handle that much and the sled would sit on the bump stops. I'm glad you got a good one. I am just posting my experience with Polaris.
5/3/15 @ 8:20 AM
roofer
User since 6/6/04
Honda,I've got an 03 rancher 2wd that the kids have taken to hell and back twice. One axle bearing( overloaded) and one clutch pack from a first time rider starting in third gear all day long. Wondering Seen 40 below many times at our cabin on clear feb nights, in the jump river bottom. and the old girl started.
5/2/15 @ 8:47 AM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01
minus 55 F, reported from Couderay on both February 2 and February 4, 1996. Fished north twin in Phelps,WI. Dec,2013 in -26 degree temps. That was cold!
5/2/15 @ 7:52 AM
qdmaguy
User since 6/14/10
When was the last time it hit 40 below anywhere in WI?
5/1/15 @ 9:53 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01
I'd go with the Yamaha Grizz,treated me just fine for the last 7 years. great runnin machine.
Best all around ATV?? photo by fishhook
5/1/15 @ 7:49 PM
icehouse n eyes
icehouse n eyes
User since 7/1/12
i ride a 2009 honda foreman. love it. no problems.main use for deer hunting and ice fishing. have heard the grizz is good also.
5/1/15 @ 7:49 PM
icehouse n eyes
icehouse n eyes
User since 7/1/12
i ride a 2009 honda foreman. love it. no problems.main use for deer hunting and ice fishing. have heard the grizz is good also.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 49 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE