MORE
Snowmobiles

Snowmobile Helmet

10/23/14 @ 7:20 AM
INITIAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I need to buy a good pair of snowmobile helmets for my son and I and am looking for recommendations. I have one old one that fogs up all of the time and would like to avoid that with the new ones. Also, is there a type or brand of helmet that works better for someone who wears glasses? Is there anything that can be applied to the visor or to a pair of glasses that will reduce/eliminate fogging? Thanks.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
10/26/14 @ 9:03 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01
If your in the area or passing by I suggest a stop at the snow shack just off 51 by Merril. They will fit you with the right size and there priced right and all styles.
10/26/14 @ 8:20 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
For the money, you can't beat an HJC. 150 will get you a nice helmet. Also, I second a head sock - great 12 dollar investment. FLeet Farm sells decent ones. Also, the only way to 100 percent avoid your shield from frosting is to buy a heated one for about 80 bucks. The second best is the winter shields, they kind of work like storm widows, they have two panes separated by an air gap. For me this works 80 percent of the time. However, if your sledding out and it is -20 out, nothing foes a better job than a heated shield. Many manufacturers make a mouth piece that directs the air out the side of your helmet. I've yet to see one that worked really good. Most of the mouth pieces become a wet, sloppy mess. I'm sure some folks have one that they like. I sled with about a dozen close buddies, and they are always griping about their mouth piece. Really believe a heated sheild is the best way to go, followed by a simple 2 pane sheild.
10/25/14 @ 8:01 AM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
User since 2/17/05
I just picked up a new helmet after dealing with constant fogging last year. Here is the one I picked up.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N69J0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Has a breath deflector and good venting so we'll see how it does this winter.
10/23/14 @ 5:46 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
One thing that REALLY helps with warmth are one of those thin, around the head 'balaclava' or whatever it's called. I almost hate to ride without one now. I use the same helmet for motorcycling and snowmobiling, so not really specialized. Short of a heated visor to prevent fogging I'd look for a little venting then control exhale direction, as able.
10/23/14 @ 3:26 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02
I'm not positive but I think rain x will stop the fogging.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE